Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stu Allen : Live from Jerry Day 2010

Author Christo Strom
Sole owner of Orange Race Card Angels
Head of Angel Promotions
Stu Allen: Guitarist who Shines, Thank you From Christo Strom
August Eighth Two thousand and Ten
We all know what tomorrow is as I am sure Stu Allen doesn’t
need to be reminded.  No this post is about a guitarist
named Stu Allen.  I actually met Stu by accident.  Here’s the story:
It was August First 2007 and I was picking up my son Jerome ( named
after a certain guitar player who had an ice cream named after
him!) from the Minnepolis/St. Paul airport . There was chaos in
Minnesota that day as the 35W bridge collapsed. Wow, but lucky for
my familily, we were heading to Wisconsin to the Grateful Garcia
Gathering.  My family and I were greeted by a rather large imposing
figure.  ” Hi Christo and Laurie. Hey Jerry!” boomed the voice of the
man named Mondo.  You see we were volunteers at the Festival and
got the lowdown when we got there of our assignments and work
schedule.  What?!!! Anyways, the festival was actually a lot of fun
but the best part was meeting and greeting the bands who were
playing there.  Besides meeting Donna Godcheaux and her band
at the time, Moon Alice ( with G. E. Smith !!!) , I got to shake hands
and have my picture taken with ( drum roll please) the master of
the Universe Melvin Seals.  But the highlight of the whole trip was
actually two hightlights.  The first highlight was meeting Stu Allen,
a guitarist extraordinaire.  He took the time out to invite me onstage
after the show and signed my acoustic guitar.  The next night ( there were
two shows) the other highlight happened when Mondo was in the crowd
in front of me and Stu was noodling on the guitar and I recognized what
song it was going to be in three notes. I asked what song was it going to be
to Mondo who said something like, ” Midnight Moonlight” and I said
matter of factly, ” Mission in the Rain”.  About five minutes after they played
Mission in the Rain, a heavy downpour of Rain soaked the crowd.  It was
a wonderful time and I would have to say this to Stu Allen:
” Thank you STU ALLEN Keep on Rockin!” Hope to see you around again. I’m pretty
sure you are rockin the Bay Area so Take Care Stu!
Respectfully in TRUTH,
Chief Crazy Captain Christo
P.S.  Minnesota is due for a show hey Stu?
Hey the Bass Player looks like Rob Zombie+++

"            "

No comments: